What is it:
- when you get a cut or payment when a customer makes a purchase at another vendor – that was routed through your site. Ex. You did a review of a camera lens with an affiliate link to amazon and when the viewer clicked that link and made the purchase on amazon you get 5% or whatever the affiliate agreement is.
Who is this for:
- affiliates can be a small portion to the exclusive income of your business – all business topics have an opportunity of affiliate income – and you should become familiar with what are the specific opportunities are for your business to make some choices. For ex. Amazon offers XYZ, insurance offers ABC, etc
- whether you are just starting out – or established – this can always be explored – the larger your audience the more opportunity you have
- more developed businesses sometimes have affiliate partners reach out to them to target an audience and product offering
Why do this:
- affiliates can be pennies to thousands of dollars per sale. In some cases the affiliate commision you get is higher than the item the cusomter actually buys because the lifetime value of the customer is so high.
- affiliates can let you create a win-win by connecting your audience to products/services that you back and vouch for – if you have a relationship with the vendor you can also get access to special discounts to offer to your audience.
how I can help with your struggles:
- lack of technical skills
- small commisions
- affiliate is outside business core