Listen to the Podcast
What I want to share with you is looking at different types and forms of content.
If you’ve ever been stomped on what content to create today, sometimes it’s tough if you don’t have a list that you’re already working from or with.
There’s a great tool that we have. It’s called AirTable. You could check it out on our website or in the link in the description below.
If you’re filming, in my case, I do everything either on the glass or on the computer screen. So, I either have a screencast, or it might be on a glass screen that you see this way depending on the video.
But what I want to share with you is that it comes down to creating any piece of content. When you’re doing this, there are so many ways to do it.
Let’s say I’m looking to share with photographers, how they can increase their sales. If this is what I’m looking for and, more specifically, we’ll talk about instead of just their sales, let’s talk about their referrals. Now, we’re getting even more specific.
- One video could be a how-to — this is a procedure.
- The way that you target the referrals
- It could be a story about how you’ve heard of other photographers doing it, or maybe you’re a photographer, then you share that story of how you’re able to get more and more referrals.
- A way that you manage those referrals like how do you do the follow-ups
You can see you have ideas, and what I’m trying to share with you here really comes down to themes.
Different types of themes that you could do
- You could do a screencast.
- You could do an “on location.”
- You could do a whiteboard, glass board, any board.
- One could be a teaching theme.
- One can be a story theme.
- One can be one-on-one with other photographers or other expert’s opinions. This is where interviews become big.
In one topic or one content piece, you will have six or seven different content variations.
Even if you remake the same video, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. If you’re presenting it in a different way, a different perspective – this is what people do in news stories.
If you look at famous news stories or even any type of photography – some people cover things from this angle, some people do from a lower perspective, some people do overhead. They are getting the same event from different angles.
That’s what creates uniqueness – a new story.
Because when it comes to your content, if you’re talking about email open rates and how do you increase that, you might think, “Hey, well, I only have one video to do that.” You could make a top 5 tips list.
- You could do it on paper
- You could do it on scene location
- You could do the tips from somebody you interview. What are their top five tips?
That’s just the first one, and we got three versions of just the five tips. You could do it based on increasing email rates.
- You could do it as a step-by-step guide.
- You could also do it on paper.
- You could do it by voice, and again someone else could be the interviewer or another person.
You can see it right there. You continue to expand on those things.
There’s nothing wrong with creating two videos if they’re a little bit different. It helps you rank well as well.