If you’re someone who has been trying to figure out where you should concentrate your efforts on advertising or gaining traffic to your website – chances are you’ve been focusing on active traffic.
There are two approaches to gaining traffic. Which one you use will depend on your niche, your preferences, your style etc. They both work, it’s just which one is a better fit for you.
- You have to do it continuously
- Once you stop this method, you don’t receive traffic
- Similar to putting an ad on another website
- Once that advertisement stops, you don’t get any more traffic from that source
- Create a content piece
- Your method is then discovered organically
- This method is slower than active method
- There is more delayed gratification for this method
- Great for the long-term view
When it comes to social media – people think that Facebook and Twitter are passive approach but that is wrong. It’s actually an active approach because you must continuously post and engage to keep traffic flowing to your desired destination. You also have the ability to boost posts and pay for sponsors which is another form of active traffic.